We’re spicing up the web one byte at a time..our brand new eBook, MANGO MASALA: 60 Indian Recipes From Your Local Supermarket, is selling like hot cakes on ebooks2go, Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble and..we’re now live on iTunes!
In the eBook you will find 60 Indian-inspired recipes using everyday ingredients from your pantry and supermarket, and a modern, no-fuss approach to healthy and easy meals.
Here’s a sneak peek into our eBook, with a recipe for Crunchy Hodgepodge, a refreshing, peanutty chopped salad from the chapter – Salads & Sandwiches..
Bean sprouts, apple, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper and red onion ..a crackling cohesion of bite-edged textures..and a yogurty dressing that seems so coolly to curtsy and take a backseat. This Crunchy HodgePodge will leave you licking your bowl, fork, or both, if you discount the fingertips.
For the Salad –
- ¼ Cup roasted peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 Cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1 Cup finely chopped red cabbage – tender leaves only (ribs removed)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- ½ Cup shredded carrots
- 1 Cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 Tomato de-seeded and chopped
- ½ Red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ Cup chopped Red onion
For the dressing –
- 1 Small pod garlic
- ¼ Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- ¼ Teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Sriracha
- Salt to taste
- Crush the peanuts in a food processor to a coarse powder. Set aside
- Lightly roast the sesame seeds in a small skillet. Set aside to cool.
- To make the dressing, chop the garlic and sprinkle a few grains of salt over it. Mash to a paste using the flat side of a chef’s knife. Scrape the garlic paste into a bowl. Add the yogurt, honey, lemon pepper, Sriracha and salt. Whisk well.
- In a large salad bowl, place all the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Stir in the peanuts and top with the toasted sesame seeds.
Enjoy the salad scooped onto crisp, whole-grain flatbread or toasted pita bread.
And now..we’re hosting a special giveaway – 10 lucky winners will get a FREE iTunes download of our eBook! To enter, do any of the following:
Don’t forget to leave us a comment at this post, mentioning your Facebook/ Twitter/ email ids so we can contact you if you’re one of the lucky 10 winners!
The giveaway is open until Midnight CST Jan 2, 2013.
Winners will be picked at random from all the comments and announced here on the blog on , Saturday January 5, 2013.
And..for some novel takes on how you can gift our eBook this holiday season, do check out our blogpost – Give An eGift With A Tasty Twist!
UPDATE: The giveaway is now closed and the winners are announced here.